Top 10 organizing Tips
1. Use a 5-step system to get organized. My system is simple: Sort, Purge, Arrange what’s left, Containerize, Establish a Maintenance System.
2. Use the 80/20 rule to help you focus, make decisions, and enjoy life more.
3. Choose containers to define the type and amount of stuff that you want to deal with.
4. LABEL EVERYTHING!
5. Create a place for everything, even if things aren’t always in their place.
6. Repurpose before buying something new.
7. Live within your means, including space, schedules, information overload and $$money$$.
8. Set up systems (containers, technology, processes or other people) to help with maintenance.
9. Organize enough to enjoy the important things in life, like people and times that you cherish.
10. Recognize that organizing is an ongoing process, not a single event.
Copyright HeartWork Organizing 2010